Innovation isn't just about how fast a company can release a new product or service, but also how easy it is to try, produce, evaluate, and iterate upon new concepts. To achieve these fast and automated development cycles, companies are building software using microservice architectures, mobile-first or mobile-only approaches, and DevOps practices—all of which can be streamlined with Red Hat's portfolio of application platforms. These new technologies and concepts must coexist with existing ones in a bimodal approach, which means increasing infrastructure complexity that challenge IT. Red Hat Management products address these challenges by simplifying operationals in terms of overall hybrid infrastructure insight, control, and automation.
The goal of this demonstration is to give a practical example of modern application development approaches and open hybrid cloud management, as well as how they help companies become truely digital businesses—ones in which lines-of-business and IT are agile, productive, and efficient while bringing innovation to the market. We'll simulate a travel agency that needs to provide a new booking service with a mobile app and back-end systems that can be:
- Self provisioned and automatically/continuously deployed
- Easily modified to address new market conditions
- Automatically scaled to meet elastic and unforeseen demands
- Completely managed through the lifecycle according to corporate-defined IT governance processes, compliance rules, and defined policies.
We'll show how this is all possible using
- Red Hat CloudForms to manage the whole environment
- Ansible Tower by Red Hat to automate actions that are usually done manually
- Red Hat OpenStack Platform to provide massively scalable cloud infrastructure platform
- Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform to develop, test, deploy and run container-based applications
- Red Hat JBoss xPaaS Middleware (including Red Hat JBoss EAP, Red Hat JBoss Fuse, and Red Hat JBoss BRMS) PHP and .NET to create and integrate microservices
- Red Hat Mobile Application Platform to develop the mobile app and its back-end connectivity